Canada Entrepreneurs Visa
The Entrepreneur Program finds to attract experienced business people who will own and actively run businesses in Canada that contribute to the economy and create jobs. Entrepreneurs must:
- Show that they have business experience
- Have a minimum net worth of C$300,000 that was obtained legally and
- Respect the conditions for entrepreneurs after they arrive in Canada.
Who can apply
To be eligible under the Entrepreneur Program, you must meet the following requirements:
- Have at least two years of business experience.
- Have a net worth of at least C$300,000 that was obtained legally.
- Meet the selection criteria for the Entrepreneur Program.
- Meet medical, security and other requirements.
How to apply
There are two application processes for entrepreneurs who wish to apply to become permanent residents:
- The simplified application process and
- The regular application process.
Most candidates must use the simplified process. However, you must use the regular process if:
- you have been selected by Quebec or
- you have been lawfully admitted to Canada for a period of at least one year and you are submitting your application at the Canadian visa office in Buffalo or
- you have been lawfully admitted into the United States for a period of at least one year and you are submitting your application at the Canadian visa office in Buffalo.
If none of the situations described above applies to you, you must use the simplified application process.
Choose the application process that applies to you:
Today, 3 February 2014, the government announced proposals to change the fees charged for visas, immigration and nationality applications and associated premium services.
From 16 December 2013, if you are applying for a visa from outside the UK, you will be asked to fill in a new customer satisfaction survey.
From 16 December 2013 all UK visa applications made in Pakistan must be paid for online.
Changes to the Immigration Rules will affect members of HM Forces and their families
If you are making a visa application in the UK you now have the opportunity to tell us about your experience through a new customer satisfaction survey.
We are publishing new versions of the following application forms for use on or after 28 October 2013
The government has announced the introduction of the Immigration Bill on Thursday 10 October 2013.
Global contracts have been awarded for our visa application centres overseas
Rule changes which come into effect on 1 October 2013 will mean greater flexibility for businesses and workers