Sitemap Top
Suleman Associates Logo
welcome top bar
Canada Study Permit

Application to Study in Canada:

Study Permit:
This application is for those people who are outside Canada who are not Canadian citizens or permanent residents of Canada and who wish to study temporarily in Canada. A study permit is issued if the application is accepted.

A temporary resident visa to visit Canada may also be required. Check the list of countries and territories whose citizens need a visa.

For a Research program you may need a work permit.

What courses do not require a study permit?

A study permit is not required for:

  • Any program of study that is 6 months or less that can be finished within the period authorized upon entry into Canada;
  • Courses that are not academic, professional or vocational in nature that can be completed within the period authorized upon entry into Canada;
  • courses included in tour packages as a secondary activity for tourists; and
  • Nursery schools or kindergartens.

Yet if you do not require a study permit for a 6 month or less course, it is a good idea to apply for a permit before you come to Canada. If you make a decision that you wish for to continue your studies in another course after you complete your short-term course or program, you must apply through a Canadian visa office outside Canada for a study permit if you do not already have one.

  • Guide (PDF 270 KB)
  • Application for a Study Permit (PDF 225 KB)
  • Legal Declaration of Common-Law Union (PDF 94 KB)
  • Use of a Representative (PDF 56 KB)  
  • Document Checklist (PDF 30 KB)  
  • Processing Fee

Before You Apply
Before you can apply for a study permit, you must have been accepted at a recognized school, university or college in Canada.

Who Can Apply For This Visa?
This link provides information about the requirements you must meet before applying to study in Canada.

How to Apply
Find out how to apply, where to get application forms and guides, and what documents to provide with your application.

After Applying
Information is provided on your application position and other steps you may need to take, such as getting a medical examination or security check.

Click here to get information about it.

After Arriving
Find out what to do when you arrive in Canada.

Click here

Expend your Visa
Information is available here on the requirements you must meet and steps you must take if you want to stay longer in Canada.

Your Questions are here

Click here for more information about this Visa

welcome bottom bar
news top

news bottom
news top
Latest News
news line
New immigration fees proposed

Today, 3 February 2014, the government announced proposals to change the fees charged for visas, immigration and nationality applications and associated premium services.

New customer satisfaction survey

From 16 December 2013, if you are applying for a visa from outside the UK, you will be asked to fill in a new customer satisfaction survey.

Online payment to become mandatory in Pakistan

From 16 December 2013 all UK visa applications made in Pakistan must be paid for online.

Immigration Rule changes - Armed Forces

Changes to the Immigration Rules will affect members of HM Forces and their families

New visa application customer satisfaction survey

If you are making a visa application in the UK you now have the opportunity to tell us about your experience through a new customer satisfaction survey.

Our application forms are changing

We are publishing new versions of the following application forms for use on or after 28 October 2013

Immigration Bill introduced

The government has announced the introduction of the Immigration Bill on Thursday 10 October 2013.

New commercial partner contracts announced

Global contracts have been awarded for our visa application centres overseas

Immigration Rule changes

Rule changes which come into effect on 1 October 2013 will mean greater flexibility for businesses and workers

news bottom