USA EB2 Visa:
EB-2 Professionals with advanced degrees or persons with exceptional ability
- Foreign nationals of exceptional ability in the sciences, arts or business
- Foreign nationals that are advanced degree professionals
- Qualified alien physicians who will practice medicine in an area of the U.S. which is underserved. Read more about this particular program.
EB-2 Members of the Professions Holding Advanced Degrees or Their Equivalent
The EB-2 type includes: aliens who are "members of the professions holding advanced degrees or their equivalent" and aliens "who because of their excellent ability in the sciences, arts, or business will substantially benefit the national economy, cultural, or educational interests or welfare of the US."
In order to be classified as having excellent ability in the sciences, arts, or business, the person must provide documentation of three of the following:
- An official academic record showing the alien has a degree, diploma, certificate or similar award from a college, university, school or other institution of learning relating to the area of exceptional ability;
- Letters documenting at least ten years of full-time experience in the occupation being sought;
- A license to practice the profession or certification for a particular profession or occupation;
- Evidence that the alien has commanded a salary or other remuneration for services which demonstrates exceptional ability;
- Membership in professional associations;
- Recognition for achievements and significant contributions to the industry or field by peers, government entities, professional or business organizations.
If the above standards do not apply to the supplicant occupation, other comparable confirmation of eligibility is also acceptable.
The major benefit E2 visa is that, so long as the requirements continue to be met, an individual may continue living and working in the US on an indefinite basis. In US, visa of this kind may be extended by 2 years at a time so long as the Candidate still satisfies the original criteria. Since applying for a US Permanent Resident Card can be a lengthy process, it is a common practice to immigrate to the USA on a provisional US visa for a limited period, whilst simultaneously beginning US Green Card application proceedings.
Click here for more information about this visa
Today, 3 February 2014, the government announced proposals to change the fees charged for visas, immigration and nationality applications and associated premium services.
From 16 December 2013, if you are applying for a visa from outside the UK, you will be asked to fill in a new customer satisfaction survey.
From 16 December 2013 all UK visa applications made in Pakistan must be paid for online.
Changes to the Immigration Rules will affect members of HM Forces and their families
If you are making a visa application in the UK you now have the opportunity to tell us about your experience through a new customer satisfaction survey.
We are publishing new versions of the following application forms for use on or after 28 October 2013
The government has announced the introduction of the Immigration Bill on Thursday 10 October 2013.
Global contracts have been awarded for our visa application centres overseas
Rule changes which come into effect on 1 October 2013 will mean greater flexibility for businesses and workers